The Adoption Council of Ontario (ACO) is a non-profit charitable organization formed in 1987 by representatives of the adoption community
Our Board of Directors and general membership represent all aspects of adoption: birth parents, adoptees, adoptive parents, and adoption professionals from Ontario. Our adoption resource centre is supported through memberships, donations and program fees.
We will work towards a community where all children have a family forever
The Adoption Council of Ontario:
- educates the community about adoption,
- connects families and children,
- supports them on their lifelong journey, and
- advocates for all those touched by adoption.
- Centralized Adoption Intake Service: ACO will assist you in finding services and resources
- How to Adopt Seminars
- Adoption Resource Library
- Adoption Round-up Newsletter
- Post Adoption Resource Map Ontario
- AdoptOntario – A program to support the adoption of children in CAS foster care who are available for adoption.
Get to know the ACO
Media ReleaseDownload PDF
Annual General Meeting
To learn more about our past AGM click here
Board of DirectorsMeet the board
2021 Audited Financial Statements
View our 2021 Audited Financial Statements
Programs and Services
View our Programs and Services