The Adoption Council of Ontario (ACO) is a non-profit charitable organization formed in 1987 by representatives of the adoption community
Our Board of Directors and general membership represent all aspects of adoption: birth parents, adoptees, adoptive parents, and adoption professionals from Ontario. Our adoption resource centre is supported through memberships, donations and program fees.
We work towards a community where all children grow up in a secure family.
The Adoption Council of Ontario:
- educates the community about adoption,
- connects families and children,
- supports everyone touched by adoption and permanency journeys, and
- advocates for all those touched by adoption.
- Centralized Adoption Intake Service: will assist you to learn about the public adoption process in Ontario
- How to Adopt Seminars
- Adoption Resource Library
- Pathways to Permanency and Adoption Competency Training for Professionals
- Post Adoption Resource Map Ontario
- AdoptOntario – A program to support the adoption of children in CAS foster care who have adoption as their permanency plan.
Get to know the ACO
Annual General Meeting
To learn more about our past AGM click here
Board of DirectorsMeet the board
2021 Audited Financial Statements
View our 2021 Audited Financial Statements
Programs and Services
View our Programs and Services