Developmental Trauma Action Alliance
More From the DTAA
DTAA Spring Newsletter 2021
DTAA Summer Newsletter 2021
DTAA Roundtable Report
A province that provides every child and every person with the necessary supports to heal from early adversity and Developmental Trauma, and realize their full potential.
With the understanding that Developmental Trauma negatively impacts physical, emotional and psychological health and well-being throughout childhood and over the life span:
- To provide families – birth, foster, adoptive, kinship, customary care – with the specialized knowledge and training to help them understand Developmental Trauma and help their children heal from it
- To provide front line professionals with the training to recognize Developmental Trauma, and the tools to work with children and families in the healing of it
- To grow and share the knowledge and understanding of Developmental Trauma as a fundamental condition of children and families involved with child welfare
- To engage with policy makers and community leaders across sectors and advocate for training of professionals and provision of services and support from a Developmental Trauma perspective for all children, youth and adults in Ontario
- Accepting of the lived experience and truth of every person, and the knowledge that Developmental Trauma impacts a person physically, emotionally and psychologically over the life course
- Inclusive of the value of all family constellations that provide a supportive framework around children
- Courageous in our advocacy for children who have experienced childhood trauma
- Innovative in our pursuit of opportunities for healing
Explore members of the DTAA and the DTAA’s Healing Childhood Trauma Together campaign. Explore resources below.