- This event has passed.
ACT Online – Spring 2023
April 26 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
ACT is an 8 week (48 hour) curriculum
Location: Online via Zoom (The Zoom link will be emailed to registrants closer to the event date; please see below for technical requirements).
Classes will be held each week on:
- Wednesday & Friday mornings from 9:00am to 12:00pm (EST)
*any exceptions will be noted (**) below
This event is postponed. Click here to sign up for wait list.
- Session 1A: Wednesday, April 26
- Session 1B: Friday, April 28
- Session 2A: Wednesday, May 3
- Session 2B: Friday, May 5
- Session 3A: Wednesday, May 10
- Session 3B: Friday, May 12
- Session 4A: Wednesday, May 17
- Session 4B: Friday, May 19
- Session 5A: Wednesday, May 24
- Session 5B: Friday, May 26
- Session 6A: Wednesday, May 31
- Session 6B: Friday, June 2
- Session 7A: Wednesday, June 7
- Session 7B: Friday, June 9
- Session 8A: Wednesday, June 14
- Session 8B: Friday, June 16
|Please make cheques payable to the Adoption Council of Ontario.|
Cancellations & Refunds: Click here to view our Cancellation and Missed Session policy.
Technical & set-up requirement:
- Laptop or desktop computer with functioning webcam and microphone capabilities.
- Strong/stable internet connection with a speed of at least 10mbps
- In order to preserve the confidentiality and comfort levels of all participants, anyone other than another ACT participant, should not be in the same room with you while participating in a ACT Zoom session; this includes children and teens.
Elaine Ash, MSW
Elaine has been working in the field of mental health for over 35 years. She has experience working in child welfare and working with First Nations children. She worked for many years at the Out-Patient Child and Family Clinic at Trillium Health Partners, Credit Valley Hospital and has a private practice with the primary focus being Post-Adoption Integration work and addressing the mental health needs of children and youth who are navigating their lives as adopted children. Elaine is an experienced instructor and trainer and is an adoptive parent.
Dawn Tracz is an adoptee who has over 25 years of professional experience working with individuals, couples and children and families. Using family systems and attachment therapy she works with the challenges of early separation, adoption, trauma, abuse and loss. These experiences come together in adoptive families to make them complex and multi-layered. Dawn is trained to use Thera-play and incorporates this technique during sessions when it is deemed helpful. Dawn is a certified yoga teacher (200 hours) and uses her knowledge of anatomy, meditation and energy focused work with her therapy to support clients. Dawn has a Bachelor of Social Work degree from York University and is working towards the completion of her MSW at Wilfrid Laurier University where she is investigating the lived experience of people who were adopted as “older children”. She is a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. She is trained in Thera-play, Triple P Parenting Program and has trained with Dr. Dan Hughes in attachment therapy. Dawn works in private practice at the Centre for Connections in Toronto.
Certificate: A certificate of completion will be provided to eligible participants.
Can’t attend this offering? Click here to be notified about the next round.
Note: The ACT course meets the qualification for 48 CEU hours for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Clinical Social Workers in the state of California, USA. The ACO will pursue ACT’s eligibility in Ontario for professional continuing education hours.