ACT Online – Winter 2024
February 13, 2024 @ 9:00 am
ACT is an 8 week (48 hour) curriculum
Location: Online via Zoom (The Zoom link will be emailed to registrants closer to the event date; please see below for technical requirements).
Classes will be held each week on:
- Tuesday & Thursday mornings from 9:00am to 12:00pm (EST)
*any exceptions will be noted (**) below
- Session 1A: Tuesday, February 13
- Session 1B: Thursday, February 15
- Session 2A: Tuesday, February 20
- Session 2B: Thursday, February 22
- Session 3A: Tuesday, February 27
- Session 3B: Thursday, February 29
- Session 4A: Tuesday, March 5
- Session 4B: Thursday, March 7
- Session 5A: Tuesday, March 19
- Session 5B: Thursday, March 21
- Session 6A: Tuesday, March 26
- Session 6B: Thursday, March 28
- Session 7A: Tuesday, April 2
- Session 7B: Thursday, April 4
- Session 8A: Tuesday, April 9
- Session 8B: Thursday, April 11
|Please make cheques payable to the Adoption Council of Ontario.|
Cancellations & Refunds: Click here to view our Cancellation and Missed Session policy.
Technical & set-up requirement:
- Laptop or desktop computer with functioning webcam and microphone capabilities.
- Strong/stable internet connection with a speed of at least 10mbps
- In order to preserve the confidentiality and comfort levels of all participants, anyone other than another ACT participant, should not be in the same room with you while participating in a ACT Zoom session; this includes children and teens.
Elaine Ash, MSW
Elaine has been working in the field of mental health for over 35 years. She has experience working in child welfare and working with First Nations children. She worked for many years at the Out-Patient Child and Family Clinic at Trillium Health Partners, Credit Valley Hospital and has a private practice with the primary focus being Post-Adoption Integration work and addressing the mental health needs of children and youth who are navigating their lives as adopted children. Elaine is an experienced instructor and trainer and is an adoptive parent.
Kimberley Miller, RSW
As a Registered Social Worker, Kimberley offers counselling, education and consulting through her private practice for a wide variety of clients with mental health and parenting challenges. With 30+ years of professional experience, including Child Welfare and Adoption, Kimberley provides clients with a wealth of skill, knowledge and understanding. Her personal experience as an adopted person and a formerly single adoptive parent is an asset to her work and connections to all those touched by adoption and related themes. Awareness and respect for diversity of people, families, identities and experiences are foundations to Kimberley’s professional values.
Certificate: A certificate of completion will be provided to eligible participants.
Can’t attend this offering? Click here to be notified about the next round.
Note: The ACT course meets the qualification for 48 CEU hours for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Clinical Social Workers in the state of California, USA. The ACO will pursue ACT’s eligibility in Ontario for professional continuing education hours.