- This event has passed.
Decoding Sessions for Pathways Alumni
October 12 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
To help families continue to try to bring the concepts learned in Pathways into their daily lives ACO has developed a Decoding session for Pathways alumni. The 3-hour session will provide an overview of the core Pathways concepts and then provide opportunities for discussion and practice for participants based on their needs. Join Pathways trainers as they help you “decode” your child/youth’s behaviours and bring a more therapeutic parenting approach to your daily life.
Who: This training is for parents and caregivers who have taken the Pathways to Permanence 2 program.
Location: Online via Zoom (The Zoom link will be emailed to registrants closer to the event date; please see below for technical requirements).
- Thursday, June 15 @ 9:30 am – 12:30pm
- Tuesday, September 19 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday, October 12 @ 9:30 am – 12:30pm
Technical & set-up requirement:
- Laptop or desktop computer with functioning webcam and microphone capabilities.
- Strong/stable internet connection with a speed of at least 10mbps
- In order to preserve families’ privacy and comfort levels, anyone other than another Pathways participant, should not be in the same room with you while participating in a Pathways Zoom session; this includes children and teens.
Trainers: The Decoding Sessions are facilitated by our ACO PACT Trainers.
Haven’t taken Pathways yet? To see upcoming Pathways offerings, click here to go to our events page.
Can’t attend any of these offerings? Click here to be notified about the next round.
Note: Ontario’s PRIDE curriculum is equivalent to The Kinship Center’s Pathways to Permanence 1 curriculum.
Detailed Information about Pathways 2
Click here for detailed information on Pathways 2.
© ACT: An Adoption and Permanency Curriculum for Child Welfare and Mental Health Professionals and Pathways to Permanence 2: Parenting Children who have Experienced Trauma and Loss are copyrights of Kinship Center, a member of Seneca Family of Agencies in California. Through a partnership with Seneca Family of Agencies, Adoption Council of Ontario owns the exclusive Ontario license to ACT and Pathways 2.