Pathways Weekend Intensive for Families – Winter 2024
March 18 @ 12:00 am
Pathways to Permanence is a multi-sessional psycho-educational program
Due to our current funding guidelines, outlined by the Ministry, participants must be an adoptive parent (including parents pre adoption finalization) or a foster-to-adopt parent, and must have adopted (or be fostering-to-adopt) through a children’s aid society, to attend our free Pathways program.
Please note – we are working to make Pathways available to all permanency parents (Customary Care, Kinship, Legal Guardian, International Adoptions, Private Adoptions), and hope to be able to offer them soon. If you would like to be kept in the loop on when these new offerings become available, please be sure to sign-up for our newsletter.
This Pathways intensive offering includes virtual, self-paced, and in-person sessions. To complete the course, parents are required to attend all sessions, outlined as follows:
- Self-study course work prior to the start of the program, and some during the program.
- one three-hour online session pre-intensive weekend
- attendance at all Pathways sessions for the weekend of Fri, Mar 22 (evening) – Sun, Mar 24 (early afternoon)
- two three-hour online sessions post-intensive weekend
Location: Online portions will take place over Zoom; the in-person intensive weekend will take place at Fern Resort – 4432 Fern Resort Road Ramara, ON L3V 0Z1
Online Pre-intensive session
Who: This training is for parents and caregivers where a placement has already occurred.
Cost: This course is being offered at NO cost to participants thanks to funding from the Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
Technical & set-up requirement (for online sessions):
- Laptop or desktop computer with functioning webcam and microphone capabilities.
- Strong/stable internet connection with a speed of at least 10mbps
- In order to preserve families’ privacy and comfort levels, anyone other than another Pathways participant, should not be in the same room with you while participating in a Pathways Zoom session; this includes children and teens.
Trainer(s): This program will be facilitated by ACO PACT Program trainers.
Certificate: A certificate of completion is available after the offering is complete.
To see other Pathways offerings in Ontario, click here to go to our events page.
Can’t attend any of these offerings? Click here to be notified about the next round.
Detailed Information about Pathways
Click here for detailed information on Pathways.
© ACT: An Adoption and Permanency Curriculum for Child Welfare and Mental Health Professionals and Pathways to Permanence 2: Parenting Children who have Experienced Trauma and Loss are copyrights of Kinship Center, a member of Seneca Family of Agencies in California. Through a partnership with Seneca Family of Agencies, Adoption Council of Ontario owns the exclusive Ontario license to ACT and Pathways 2.