- Privacy Statement
We collect personal information with the intention of providing timely services to families and in responses related to finding permanent homes for children in need in Ontario. Personal information may be collected from adults who interact with ACO, either through this website, email, or telephone, for one or more of the following purposes:
- User Authentication: Personal information may be used to issue login credentials, such as passwords, for accessing password-protected sections of AdoptOntario, including the Waiting Child/Youth Listing of the public site and the Professional site.
- Service Provision: Personal information is used to provide ACO services, such as AdoptOntario (including consultations, assistance with matching children and potential families), Centralized Adoption Intake Services, Pathways to Permanency, ACT (Adoption Competency Training for Professionals), Support & Connections, Youth Services, and other ACO initiatives.
- Feedback and Surveys: We may contact users to gather feedback and conduct surveys to better understand needs related to our services and website usage.
- Access and Correction Requests: Personal information may be used to contact users regarding requests for access to, or correction of, their personal information.
- Statistical Reporting: We may report aggregate numbers for non-identifying statistical purposes to funders, sponsors, or others. This reporting helps further the goals of ACO and assess the effectiveness of our programs.
The ACO will never sell your personal information, and we will not share your information without your consent, except in circumstances where there is an immediate risk to life.
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We implement safeguards and security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.