Transitional Planning Webinar
Transitional Planning with Judy Archer, MSW, RSW
- Prospective and adoptive families, foster parents and the professionals who work with them
For all parties to the adoption process—the child, the birth parents, the prospective caregivers, and the foster parents—particularly if they have been caring for the child for any length of time, adoption and permanency planning are profound, life-altering events. In this webinar, you will not only learn the goal and objectives for pre-placement visits, but concrete tools and strategies to facilitate the child’s successful transition to his/her new family.
Goal: To raise awareness about the rationale for and elements of a transitional plan when moving children from one family to another.
Objectives: By the end of this webcast, participants will:
- Gain insight into the impact of separation, loss and transitional planning on children-in-care
- Learn the 9-principles of practice that guide transitional planning
- Identify the 7-goals of pre-placement visits
- Discuss as many as 16 strategies, tools and techniques to facilitate a child’s successful transition
- Identify resources that can be accessed to heighten their understanding about transitional planning and the pre-placement process even further
- Discuss the value of being well-informed about transitional planning and the pre-placement process